Friday, July 31, 2009

Hooray for Fridays!

I am so glad it is Friday - especially today as my husband and I are headed out of town. We are going to Shenandoah Crossing (yep, again) but this time, my dear husband will be with me - hooray! I can't wait.

I was reading Terri's blog this morning and just had to open my stash drawer and have some chocolate for breakfast - it was decadent! I was at TJ Maxx this week and they had these pretty decorative boxes of Joseph Schmidt chocolate truffles marked down to $4 ($4!). Needless to say, I just couldn't pass them up - actually now I am wishing I had bought another box.

I also buy my shampoo and conditioner at TJ Maxx (I always say, if they would start carrying milk and eggs, it would be a one-stop shopping for me - I love TJ Maxx) and this time I picked up Sexy Hair products (hey,the name sounded appealing). My husband helped me unpack and questioned my paying $5 for a bottle of shampoo (no, he's not a tight wad, he just doesn't know how much things cost as I do most of the shopping). Anyway, I was in Walmart yesterday and they had Sexy Hair on the shelf for.... $16 a bottle. Yep, I pulled out my cell phone and called my hubby to crow at how much money I actually saved us :-)

Speaking of saving money, remember my 'girl's nite out' birthday celebration. Well, several of us chose the chef's special dessert of the nite which was, of course, chocolate - it was absolutely divine. Well, I learned (inadvertently) that the 'special' dessert was $12 - $12 for a dessert??? - I know it was chocolate and really great chocolate at that but $12??? I felt terrible as I had no idea and would never have chosen such an expensive dessert for my friends to treat me to. I think we will probably go back to our 'regular' girl's nite out restaurant for the next birthday dessert.

On Wednesday, my husband and I went to dinner at a new little Italian restaurant. We had our very first date at this restaurant 12 years ago. On our first date, the restaurant had a different name and served American cuisine. On our 9th anniversary it changed names again, and on our 10th, and now our 12th. On that first nite, as we sat outside having dinner, my husband said "one day I'd like to live on this street" and 2.5 years later we were married and purchased our first home... on that street. Every year when we go back to the restaurant, I always marvel at how God has blessed us (Jer 29:11)

Below is a picture of one of my WIP. I haven't filled in the sheep yet as I think I may do those with my punch needle.

In My Father's House
Recommended Fabric and Thread

I finished this little guy awhile ago and I am going to attempt to frame him myself - this is a first for me. Are there any good sites that give framing instructions for dummies?

Another WIP, I just received more of the NPI silk that I needed so I will be working on this project over the weekend.

Plum Street Sampler
Fruit of the Spirit
Recommended Fabric and Thread

Thank you for stopping by and for all the wonderful comments. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with quiet moments to enjoy some stitching time.

Cari

3 comments:

JOLENE said...

I love TJMaxx, too, along with Ross Dress For Less. Don't you just love great bargains!! I ate a donut for breakfast with my coffee and for some reason I think that donut had waaaay to much sugar for this girl. (Maybe, just maybe the chocolates would have been a better choice). Love the WIPS, good progress, and sounds like there will be alot more over the weekend....good for you!! I will be going with the hubby fishing/stitching, too. Can't wait!!! I have actually made my own frames, painted and distessed them and and put them all together. Not that hard really, just depends on how rustic you want them to look. I dress them up for fancier projects with "plant on moldings" you can buy at craft stores or like Home Depot. Check out Hog River frames for some ideas, it might help you out. By the way, the $12 dessert you were talking about, only comes once a year and I am sure you were worth every penny of it!!! My husband and I had a favorite restaurant as you two do, but unfortunately I can't go there anymore because it is no longer in business. But we have found a new favorite place, so it works out nicely. Don't forget the chocolates on your weekend excursion!!

Siobhán said...

Hi Cari! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! :) I'm glad to have found your blog, too. Love your stitching! Your WIPs look great. I'm partial to the Fruit of the Spirit design because I looooove Paulette's stuff, but they're all fab! Have a great weekend!

Deb said...

I love TJ Maxx too and Marshalls. It's amazing what you can find in those stores if you look hard enough! Just found your blog and I'm glad I did. Your WIPs looks wonderful and I can't wait to see more progress!