Monday, November 2, 2009

The Colors of Fall

Saturday, my husband and I took a drive on the parkway. I love to go in the Fall when the leaves are changing - the colors are always spectacular. This year we went really late but it was still beautiful. We stopped for an early dinner at Chateau Morrisette. It's a winery and they have an amazing restaurant. It's located at the top of the mountain and you can sit outside and enjoy the beautiful view while eating a spectacular meal. Sadly, it was rainy and foggy when we arrived, so we enjoyed our meal indoors.
Our view along the Blue Ridge Parkway...

We arrived home too late to hand out candy, plus it was raining. So we opted to rent some movies. We just discovered these great 'red boxes' - has anyone else found these? Movies are only a dollar BUT, you have to return them the next day. We rented "The Proposal" -Sandra Bullock is just too funny. We also got "Australia" - another great movie. I got lots of stitching in both on our drive and watching movies (pics later). These boxes are a great idea - whoever invented them is a genius! It occurs to me that some of you are probably laughing at me as these boxes have probably been around for along time and just because I just found them doesn't mean they are brand new - oh well.

Catherine asked about the Chocolate-Covered Cherries pattern it was designed by Casey Buonaugurio - she has several freebies available.

Happy Stitching!

Cari


13 comments:

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh, Cari, what gorgeous pics!! I miss seeing all those beautiful colors. I can't wait to see your stitching. Oh, and your husband--hubba hubba! Quite the stud muffin! ;)

Catherine said...

Thanks so much for the link to the cherries - yum! I have to agree with Siobhan - lovely colors and hubba hubba!;)

Margaret said...

Love the fall pictures. It was a bummer that it was raining for the kids for trick or treating. :( You're lucky you can stitch in the car. Beautiful scenery and nice company too. :D Haven't seen The Proposal yet, but Australia was enjoyable.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Cari, Thanks so much for sharing the fall snaps with your readers. Your husband is a real cutie!

Loraine said...

What a great Halloween day! Such beautiful photos. I love both of your redbox picks! Isn't redbox great? We like to rent them on a drive to Salt Lake. We can always find a McDonalds to drop them back off. I just wish they had them all over the country. We rented some a while back in Utah, and wanted to return them in Arizona but guess what? No redboxes there. We had the movies a week!
Take Care!

Michelle said...

Cari, thank you for the photo's. They are beautiful!

Lois said...

What lovely fall colours Cari! I really enjoyed looking at them. Everything here is so dull and dreary, yes we get some nice colours but not the amount that you get. Sounds like you spent a very nice day and I agree with the others - cute hubby!

The Scarlett House said...

Hi Cari, beautiful photos...I can see why you love that drive. I always love fall and the changing colors of the leaves.
Oh, I love the Redbox, too. Not a huge selection, but for a dollar, it beats Blockbluster.

Tracey said...

What a gorgeous view!!! And a beautiful restaurant! I love redboxes too! "The Proposal" was a great movie. My husband has tivoed "Australia" so hopefully I'll get to watch it soon.

Anonymous said...

Terrific pics from your drive along the Blue Ridge! Thanks for sharing, Cari!

Nice looking restaurant and hubby!

Robin

Mylene said...

Newbie here & stopped to say Hi!
WOW! What beautiful sceneries!! Thanks for sharing.

Ranae said...

Beautiful photo's!
Thanks for sharing
I have seen the red boxes, and have thought of checking them out, now I will

Brigitte said...

Oh Cari, these pictures are so beautiful. If I could I'd buy a ticket for the next plane and try to see this beauty with my own eyes. Thnaks for sharing.